EkoRent Finland was founded in Helsinki in March 2014. EkoRent was the first company in Finland to offer hourly-based rental of fully electric vehicles for companies and private customers.
EkoRent Africa Ltd., founded in 2017, opened an all-electric taxi service NopeaRide in Nairobi in August 2018. NopeaRide is an easy to hail, affordable and 100 % emission-free way to Go Places, with a Clear Conscience. Nopea Electric Vehicle fleet is the biggest EV taxi hailing fleet in Africa. NopeaRide reduces harmful air-pollution and offers affordable electric rides to everyone in Africa. eMobilizing Africa, one city at a time!
- Experience on running an EV business since 2014
- Practical and scientific knowledge of charging stations, EV batteries and renewable energy
- Practical and scientific knowledge on EV charging requirements
- Experience in user-level GPS data allowing network optimization and operational efficiency
- First company in Africa and Finland with practical experience in EV business operations
Before founding EkoRent, Juha worked for Nokia in product and technology management, and in technology sales positions. He holds two international patents related to optimal handling of data traffic in mobile networks. As a small-company CEO, Juha is involved with nearly everything that happens at EkoRent, from solution building to business negotiations, and defining and managing the operational processes in general.
Dr. Juuso Lindgren
Juuso holds a PhD in energy sciences with his doctoral thesis titled Charging of plug-in EV fleets in urban environment. He has a background in research, energy systems, simulations, and profitability analysis. As a CTO, Juuso is solving the technical challenges that EkoRent faces, from maintaining the Nopea smartphone applications, internal web applications and web sites to building databases and performing data analysis.